Oceana Gold Limited, is an ASX and TSX listed gold company with an established reputation for operational innovation and environmental responsibility. OceanaGold has operating gold mines in New Zealand and is soon to commence construction of the Didipio porphyry copper-gold mine in Luzon. ).
Oceana Gold currently produces around 270,000 ounces of gold per annum from its Macraes open cut and underground gold mines, and the Reefton open cut gold mines in New Zealand. At December 2010 Proven and Probable Reserves stood at 3.56 million ounces gold and 170,000 tonnes copper, with Measured and Indicated Resources of 6.6 million ounces and 270,000 tonnes copper (inclusive of reserves). Oceana Gold is soon to commence construction of the Didipio porphyry copper-gold mine in Luzon with production expected to begin production in late 2012.
Oceana Gold holds a number of attractive Exploration properties throughout Luzon and Mindanao. OceanaGold is focused on growth through discovery, acquisition, and development of new mines in the Philippines and recognises the vital role exploration plays in this growth strategy. We are looking for the following key personnel to help manage our country wide exploration:
- Reporting to the Exploration Manager, a high level of technical expertise in exploration of porphyry deposits, low- and high-sulphidation epithermal gold deposits is essential for this role. Successful candidates will be team members or will manage a team of geologists, field assistants and contractors, and will design, organise and implement work programs incorporating field mapping, geochemical and geophysical surveys and drilling. The ability to work to deadlines and within agreed budgets is critical to the role as is a practical, quality conscious approach to exploration.
- A degree in geology is essential.
- Must be a Philippine Licensed Geologist.
- Experience in minerals exploration with a career focus on gold and copper deposits.
- Experience with Philippine statutory reporting procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Mapinfo, and Micromine software packages would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role would be highly regarded.
- A high level of safety and environmental awareness is essential.
- Current driver’s license and first aid certificate would be highly regarded.
Applicants are invited to apply for the above position by posting a brief resume to the following:
The Exploration Manager
PO Box 2878, Makati City Post Office, 1268 Makati City Philippines
Complete Confidentiality is assured. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.