The Tampakan Copper – Gold Project is a large scale mine development project at feasibility stage. It is located approximately 65 km north-northwest of General Santos City on the island of Mindanao and is managed by Sagittarius Mines, Inc. (SMI).
General Santos has a population of approximately 500,000 people and is accessed by sealed highways, a major deep water port within Sarangani Bay and a modern international airport.
(JC.051.11) SAFETY OFFICER FACILITIES
- The role is tasked to implement and sustain the Company’s safety management system to ensure that a positive safety culture is developed and reflected in business outcomes. The position will also support the conduct of safety risks and hazards assessments, accident prevention efforts, and promotion of safety awareness programs to create and sustain a safe work environment.
Key responsibilities :
- Collaborate with functional allied teams to ensure that all employees and contractors are performing their assigned task safely by following safety and health procedures, guidelines and instructions.
- Support functional teams by providing technical expertise in the development of risk assessment reports and Job Hazard Analysis so that workplace and job-related hazards are identified, prevented, controlled, and eliminated.
- Plan and implement safety improvement programs aligned to department objectives.
- Act as resource person in the conduct of safety orientations and inductions.
- Develop safety procedures and safe work instructions, construction safety, and industrial hygiene.
Key requirements :
- Graduate of any Bachelor’s Degree3 years work experience in construction and industrial safetyFamiliar with risk assessment, job hazard analysis, incident investigation, industrial hygiene, and implementation of safety programsRegistered Safety Practitioner of the DOLE – Bureau of Working ConditionsKnowledgeable on health and safety legislations and standardsProficient in MS Office Suite operation (Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint and Outlook), familiarity with MS Project is a plusWith excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to speak and / or understand the B’laan dialect will be a distinct advantage
Interested qualified applicants are invited to visit www.smi.com.ph and send your resume and application letter to :